Days since surgery

Friday, July 02, 2010

B.Y.O.C. I GOT CRAZY IN BUCKETS!!!

BYOC is 5 little questions – some funny, some serious – that we answer to get to know each other better and it’s a free blog topic for Fridays when our blog brains are fried before the weekend! Feel free to join us! Post the questions and answers in your own blog! (Courtesy of Drazil)

1. Seeing that it’s a patriotic holiday of sorts I thought of this one: Where were you on September 11th?• I was at work and we actually heard about the first crash on the phone and I worked for Time Warner at the time so we called our counterparts in New York and told them and they were like what... and then they looked out the window and said we'll call you back. I remember President Bush was here in the area that day and even though the news was saying he was in the air we knew he was down at Central Command here in Tampa which was straight down the street from where we were. I sent my son's father to my son's preschool to pick him up because it was on a college campus that I attended at that time and didnt know if there would be anymore targets. That day in my mind is crazy still, is this really happening? is the world as we know it coming to an end? And in a way it did!
.2. What is your idea of fun? If given the chance to skip work/life for an entire day, what would you do? (assume you’d be by yourself)• I would fly to Paris for lunch and treat myself to a spa package I mean the works the whole shebang. I would finish that with just some quiet time and pray that I can shut my brain off and truly relax.
3. Suggestion from a follower. Some blog questions. How many blogs do you follow? 24 Do you read them all or just your faves? I read every one as they come up on my Dashboard but I also read a lot of others regularly that for some reason I don't officially follow, kinda just started actually "following" in the last couple of weeks. Do you comment a little, a lot, on all? I am getting better I was a lurker forever but having my own blog and seeing how much comments mean to me I feel obligated to comment, but I don't comment just for the sake of it, I either have something to contribute or I just feel moved to do so. Have you ever unfollowed someone because of something they said or you didn’t like their blog? No, well not yet, it would have to be pretty far out there and I usually try to get a good sense of the blog by reading the archive to find out if I will like it before I follow. Do you routinely unfollow and why? Again not yet, let me say that instead of "following" blogs I would save them to my favorites on my computer and if they don't post on a semi-regular basis I will delete from my favorites, it's a quality thing.
4. Repeat question. Pick one day and one healthy thing you’ll do for just that day next week. I am going to kick my coke habit again in preparation of my next round of pre-op dieting that is sure to come, I have let the crack back in my life in a small way and its time to get that monkey of my back for good. first step is admitting you have a problem. Okay you guys know I mean the real thing Coca Cola doncha?
5. Repeat "Make someone a superstar" question. Whose blog or blog comment stuck with you this week and why? I feel like I'm always saying Draz but she goes there, the poem about her uncle left me speechless and the updates on her vajayjay keep me in tears, she rocks absolutely positively.
Amy's peek in the glass closet, the courage that it takes to put yourself out there, to go with what makes you happy despite what other think, it's inspirational she's inspirational, not to mention that when I saw an earlier picture of her and her girl together the thought that they could be a couple seriously crossed my mind briefly.
And all of the NSV victories, Stephanie finding her long lost chin, Grace and her weightloss in her feet (happens to me too) and many more. I love you all and thanks for sharing your life with us and keeping us motivated.

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Ah - fly to Paris - perfect.
And yes - you are a GREAT commenter. When I see your name pop up in my inbox I love it! You're too sweet to love my writing so much...I feel honored...thanks so much!

Loves you!