Days since surgery

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Yard Sale Day...channelling Niecy Nash


Today I am at my mom's helping her sell off the inventory from her short-lived thrift store dream. My little sister was supposed to run it but she lost interest and my mom is too busy to run it by herself.

I can't believe it I haven't posted this...I have a new surgery date...JUNE 9..WOOHOO!
They worked it so that when I go for my gallbladder post-op appointment I have my lapband pre-op same day. That's the day I will I will get the info for my 2 week pre-op liquid diet...
I can't wait, some people ask if I don't want to wait longer since I just went thru the gallbladder surgery, I am like nope I want to get it over with and since I have gotten over the fear of going "under" I am ready to get my journey underway.
I almost freaked myself out last nite reading the posts on lapbandtalk.com about people who have problems with the band and one particular post where someone said its sad for them to see posts from people waiting to get banded when they have no idea what they are getting themselves into. It's like the band is sooo awful, but I had to tell myself that I know it doesn't work for everyone and it has it's risks, but so does being morbidly obese and there are more complications I face everyday being this size that I can risk possible complications with the band.
I am going to take all my measurements prior to the start of the liquid diet. I really want to do a detailed accounting of measurements, pictures and regular weigh-ins throughout this process.
I have been so inspired by various blogs like Catherine from Chronicles from bandland, and Amy W. from Cheese and Sunkist, and I think Mary from My Journey with the lap band is a beast. I hope that I too will be able to inspire someone with my story...if anyone every reads this lol.

No comments: