Days since surgery

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Just wanted to add


I forgot to say in the last post that I have been approved for surgery and actually had a surgery date scheduled May 24, I was supposed to have my pre-op appointment on May 11, but lo and behold who ends up in the E.R. last weekend with a gallbladder attack, so now I have to have my gallbladder removed and that is scheduled for the 12th. I am using the same surgeon for my gallbladder surgery that will also be doing my lapband surgery.
I am so anxious to get started on my weight loss journey and hate having it delayed but Dr. Dietrick (my surgeon) said that it's better that the gallbladder issue presented itself now instead of later to lower the risk of infection. So I will have to delay for another 2 to 4 weeks. It's incredible that a person who has never been under general anesthesia will be undergoing 2 surgeries in a month.
I know that my pre-op liquid diet will be challenging but I am determined to do whatever it takes because Ive been caged by this weight for far too long and there are things I want to do and I'm missing out due to my weight.

No comments: