Days since surgery

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Operation Exit Gallbladder a Success!!

Well I had my surgery on Wednesday and I must admit there was some anxiety beforehand mostly due to never having been put under before. I remember them taking me to the operation room and moving me to the operating table, the anesthetist told me she was putting something under my back and the next thing I know I was waking up with a dry mouth and extremely sore throat. I dont remember much about recovery, when I got to my room I just remember not being able to keep my eyes open for more than 2 minutes at a time.
Thanks to the morphine my pain was kept under control. They put me on soft foods yesterday morning and Dr. Dietrick came by to see me and told me everything went smoothly, I have to make a followup appointment with him in 2 weeks. I also asked again and he says that I should wait about 4 weeks before trying to do the lapband surgery.
I am glad to have gotten this taken care of, but it is kind of a bummer to have gotten a surgery date and having to postpone it. I have been reading some tremendous blogs that make me more anxious to begin my journey. I guess by the time this convalescence is over I will have read all kinds of blogs. I am also gonna try and get some light walking in and log my eating for the nutritionists' log.

No comments: