Days since surgery

Monday, May 31, 2010

Pre-op diet

I am currently on day 4 of my pre-op diets and I chose muscle milk protein shakes which are the best but I have had worse. They smell worse than they taste but if I pour them in the blender with a bunch of ice they are tolerable. I must admit that I have cheated a couple of times by eating a baby pickleand I am going to try and cut that out but sometimes I need that crunch during the day and when I tell you I eat that little pickle reaaaalllllyy slow, I do.
For dinner I've been mostly eating chicken, one night I had tilapia fillets, side dishes have been broccoli, cabbage and occasionally I try to like cottage cheese, but it leaves something to be desired.
The good new is that I am down 7 pounds since I went to the doctor Wednesday so that helps to keep me inspired not to mention I keep telling myself, this is not going to last forever, this is not going to last forever. If I am honest with myself most of the time I am not really hungry I just miss eating and sometimes I am at a loss with what to do with my time. I don't have a whole heck of lot of energy because there is plenty of cleaning up to do around the house.
I try to read as many blogs and stay mentally busy as much as possible, there are some that are extra inspirational to me. My biggest inspiration today comes from Amy of Cheese and Sunkist blog; she accomplished a goal she set for herself and makes me think that those things that I "used to do" that I want to do again are indeed possible. If you haven't visited her blog do so! YAY Amy...you go girl!

No comments: