Days since surgery

Monday, May 31, 2010

Surviving a restaurant visit during pre-op



"I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it"

Well I had my first visit to a restaurant since being on my pre-op diet and at first I planned to just drink water because I thought it was too early to eat my one meal, I generally like to eat my meal for dinner. But I decided to go for it I order a turkey burger minus bun (they brought the bun) and a side of steamed broccoli instead of fries. The turkey burger was very flavorful and good and I don't know if it's because I haven't been eating much I really got satistied from the meal and there is no way before this that would have been enough. The restaurant has endless fries with sandwich orders so my son, brother, and nephew had the fries flowing and it was tempting to take one but I kept trying to remember the big picture and I ended up being very proud of myself.
I may have to go to bed early tonight so I can avoid the whole food issue, Ive had one protein shake today and push comes to shove that is what I will drink for dinner tonight.
I think I'm gonna make it!

No comments: