Days since surgery

Monday, May 10, 2010

Countdown to operation exit gallbladder...

It's weird the closer I get to the surgery a little more anxious I get. It's not the gallbladder that makes me leery, it's the general anesthesia that I'm a bit nervous about. I've had 2 surgeries in my life and that was surgery on my toe and my ceasarian section when my son was born. The strange thing to me is how they can pull a baby almost 9lbs out of me while I'm awake and cut wide open, but for laparoscopic surgery with small incisions and a little old gallbladder and for that they knock me out.

I know everything will be okay but once you have kids it makes you think about the what ifs. I know my son is worried although he's been really cool about it, when I first told him I had to have my gallbladder removed he says "Well...are they going to replace it?" I told him apparently it's not something I need to have lol.


Today I picked up a book from the library called "Fighting Weight, How I achieve weight loss with "banding" a new procedure that eliminates hunger-FOREVER" the story about Khaliah Ali, daughter of Muhammed Ali and the story of her weight struggles and having lapband surgery when it was fairly new in the U.S. Just by flipping through it looks like she went from about 325lbs to around 150. I will post my review once I'm done reading it.

No comments: