Days since surgery

Monday, September 06, 2010

Tardy to the BYOC party

For anyone new, BYOC stands for Bring Your Own Craziness and it’s 5 questions every Friday (unless I’m in Louisiana visiting gators and squashing skeeters) where we get to know each other better. Copy to your blog and answer if you want to….and have fun!!

1. In the spirit of back to school time - what is your favorite school supply?

* Like Draz I am a school supply freak, I love the supply aisle at any store, this time of year the sales on school supplies are like Christmas for me. Between St@ples, Office Dep0t, and T@rget,
I thrive on supplies. My absolute fave thing has to be pens, I am a pen whore, it's so bad that I know that pharmaceutical sales reps used to give the best writing pens to the doctor offices and I would always steal them. At my primary care doc (being going since I was 17) his sister who works upfront would have stacks of pens waiting for me whenever I had an appointment and she was sad to tell me that new regulations prevent the pharm reps from leaving them anymore.
I am a person that if you let me use your pen and I like the way it writes I will note what brand it is and go purchase. It is sick but my son has enough supplies to last him until college but every year at this time I'm in the stores again. (Thanks for this one, Draz)

2. Assume your house is on fire and the whole thing is going to burn to the ground and your loved ones are out and safe….and you have a few minutes to grab 5 things. Just five. What would they be?

* Any pictures I could grab, I too don't have a lot from my childhood, my mom was a kid herself when she got married and over the years has moved a lot and things just weren't kept.

* My flat screen t.v. just cause my bestie gave it to me when my son fell into mine and that was my first real expensive splurge for myself ever.

* My laptop

* This ugly house that my son made in kindergarten that now embarasses him and he hates that I won't throw it away but I think it's beautiful.

*Some underwear...self explanatory (especially if it's in the middle of the nite more than likely wont have any on lol)

3. In the spirit of my new found love on vacation – what is your favorite drink – alcoholic or not?

Toss up between a properly made Arnold Palmer (lemonade and sweet tea mix) and McD0nald's coke, I love coke in general but the ones in McD0nalds fountain are extra special.

4. When is your birthday (if you want to say, no year needed) and what is your Zodiac sign. Does your sign match your personality?

• December 20. I am a Sagittarius
Traits of a Sagittarius woman:
• Lacks tact at times very blunt-hecky yeah
• Charming- yes
• Realist see things how they are and says it-Def Yes
• Optimistic but not irrational- most times I try to be
• Very indepent love freedom-almost too much
• Intelligent and philosophical-my nickname in middle school/high school was "the professor"
• Holds no grudges – I rarely stay mad at anyone it becomes a nonissue quickly
• Denies sadness– definitely a hider of feelings people think I'm ok when I'm so not.
• Sensual – ummmm maybe??
• Indulgent– obviously to excess lol.
• Impatient to be moving– I feel restless a lot.

Likes...

• unlimited freedom
• alternative or unusual ideas
• being on the move
• plentiful food and drink (no shit)
• perfumes and beauty aids
• gambling, raffles and lotteries ( not at all)
• recreational flirting :)


Dislikes...
• disapproval of others
• being confined
• administrative details
• having their basic honesty doubted

5. A little spin on my repeat question. I usually ask which blog or comment stuck with you and why? You can answer that as usual or how about just giving a summary of your week or how you feel about blogland this past week or anything you noticed…does that make sense?

Let me just say the whole"Amy can tuck her shirt in her pants and look hot"stuck out to me damn her!!!!!

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I am a pen whore too - I have baskets and totes full of them!!