Days since surgery

Friday, September 17, 2010

B.Y.O.C. Bring your own crazy

1.. Last week we asked your favorite thing about being an adult. This week the question is: what is one thing you miss about being a child?

• I miss the innocence of it all, the play outside all day just be inside before dark, not worrying about pedophiles and gunplay.  I miss using my imagination, our video game was for after dark mostly (ATARI) because we played hard outside, we had an old cabinet we used as a stove, we picked a certain leaf to make collard greens, the leaves a certain fern was our rice (wow food theme), and certain rocks in water was our stew.  We created games out of what was outside, kids these days don't have to think as much they make toys to simulate everything. I missed that freedom of creativity without the stress of responsibility, I miss be able to read in a corner for hours on end to escape to other worlds without having to worry about other things I should be doing.


2. When you make a serious life decision – do you use your head or your heart?

More often than not it's my head and I regret sometimes because it takes the spontaneity out of it and it has allowed to make excuses for not doing things.  So what if it doesn't always work out, sometimes it does and maybe the journey to the end would've been fun.


3. In relation to blogs….are you a never commenter, a sometimes commenter, an almost always commenter or a direct emailer kinda person?

I'm a sometimes commenter, I comment when something moves me, but I am trying to be better about it especially for new bloggers because I know how much it meant to me when the people who inspire me (Draz, Steph, Amanda, Grace, Pamela, Cindylew, Miss Vickie...etc) consistently comment on my posts. But I definitely still lurk alot!



4. If life was a flavor – would it be savory, sweet or sour?

I think maybe savory, but probably because i like the way that sounds, and thought of being able savor everything about living.


5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in life or in blogland.

Well as a banded newbie this has been a week of getting acquainted with my new buddy Sasha Fierce, it's been about going back to work and making a committment to a new life. it's been about loving all you guys for showing me what is possible the good and the bad, the realistic and unrealistic, the thrill of victories and the way over obstacles. 

3 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I definitely know what you mean about playing outside. That was my favorite memory as well. Now my daughter will go out for 15 minutes and complain that she is bored, or hot and want to come in. I can't believe it, we had such a world of adventure that we HATED to come in when the street lights came on at night!

Also, so funny that you band's name is Sasha, that was always my alter-ego's name, when ever we went to bars or clubs back in the day.

Cindylew said...

Thanks doll...now you're inspiring me too.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh God - your #1 took me back....