Days since surgery

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ok I realized I was pushing it

Thanks for all the feedback on my crackhead birthday goals, I looked at a calendar and realized that's only about 13 weeks away, 30lbs riiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhttt! How about I strive for 15, I was gonna say 10 but I'm a big girl and I think that would be a cop out. I think a 1lb or 1.5lbs a week average is doable, I know how weight fluctuates from week to week and I am ready for that. In my experience because Im so heavy I lose a lot of weight initially faster than my counterparts half my size.
Today is my first day of mushies and I must admit I cheated yesterday and had some grits and a really soft scrambled egg eaten very slowly the waiter thought something was wrong with them...lol. I was bad and didn't have any protein drink yesterday but I am on it this morning, but yesterday everytime I even thought about drinking it my stomach turned lol. Time to add some variety.
I have to finish working on finalizing plans for my sister's bridal shower this Saturday, it is really crazy because I have never been to a bridal shower lol.

Well I just wanted to do a quick update and let you guys know that I don't live in LaLa land and that I have realistic expectations.

4 comments:

Pamela E. Williams said...

You will get the hang of everything including the protein. I'm sure you will make goal. Yay for the band!!

Steph said...

Always have goals...I am glad to see you have rethought things, and honestly 15 lbs is totally doable. Anything else is gravy! Mmmmm, gravy....

Amanda Kiska said...

I went on mushies at least a week early so you are officially forgiven for starting a day early.

I can so relate to waiters thinking something is wrong with the meal since I eat so little and so dang slow! I'm afraid it doesn't get any better - meals out are hard!

BTW - I'm still laughing at the "crackhead goal" phrase you coined. Too funny!

Jen said...

15 pounds is so very doable! You might even surprise yourself with a couple extra. :D

Getting the hang of the protein takes a little while. Have you tried refried beans (or any beans mashed up) and cottage cheese? Those two were/are mushies staples for me!