Days since surgery

Friday, June 25, 2010

B.Y.O.C. Friday...bring your own crazy...(i got plenty)


1. This comes from my post yesterday about me bragging that I can still wear the same earrings I wore in high school….got me to wondering…how many piercings do you have? (the ones you can tell us about anyway – *wink wink)

I have 4, I had 5, to in each ear and I had one in my tongue that I've since let close. I got it because I naively thought it was cute and cool, well after I got it and many vulgar comments/suggestions later I realized that maybe I should have done a little research. I kept it for a couple years but then as I got in my 30's I got tired of the comments and felt a little too old to still have it.

2. I’m asking this one because I’m getting another tattoo soon…and even have plans to get one of a lizard – my little Draz – because this blog and you all have become a major part of my life. Anywhoozle – how many tattoos do you have? If you have none and wanted to get one – what would it be?

I have one on my left breast its the laugh now cry later masks, I got it about 15 years ago,I was hungover and going with some friends who were getting them but they went outside to smoke and the guy was ready so I said hell why not. I've always wanted to get another and maybe as one of my weight rewards I will get one to honor my grandmother and my stillborn nephew on my back. I've wanted one on my ankle or inside my risk but those seem painful and I like being able to cover them.

3. If you’ve ever suffered from a weight-loss plateau, what’s your best advice to get past it?

Well as a self-sabotager I am probably not a good person to ask, but I think the thing I have learn is push through it and keep it up and you will eventually make a breakthru. I remember when I was in a WW meeting and at that point I had lost about 30+lbs in a couple months and the losses had started to slow I said "If I never lose another pound I 30+lbs healthier than I was before." Those 30+lbs even for someone as heavy as I am had made a huge difference in how I felt, so I would say look at the big picture and keep pushing through the frustration.


4. This is a repeat. I liked last week’s challenge for BYOC and I saw a lot of people this week follow through on the promise they made last week. You pick one thing for just one day next week that you want to do….and mentally doing it for the one day can totally jump start more successes. And I feel like I can do anything for just one day.
This week I pick Wednesday again and I pick that I will drink 64 oz that day again. It was really tough for me to do this week though I did it. I had a competition with Carmen!
What will you do for just one day in your quest towards health?

Exercise, I fell short of my 3 times this week goal so I'm going to say Tuesday I will get in at least 30 mins of exercise

5. Repeat *make someone a Superstar* question – what's your favorite blog or comment of the week?

It's a toss up I loved Draz's passion about the meds issue and pretty much all the other things she talked about this week, sometimes I think she is in my head. I also was so excited to see a Vlog from Amy W she was one of the first bander blog that lurked on and I love her and have been missing her updates.

As far as comments I have been overwhelmed with the love I have received as a new blogger and am happy to get any comments at all but all the compliments (although they are hard for me to take) have been great.
Rockstar Draz's comment "
Man I'd kill to have your smile. I bet you light up a room..you're so freaking pretty
." made my day...it's the simple things.

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Dude I wasn't kidding when I said that...I don't blow smoke or give random compliments just cuz everyone else is...I meant it. You are seriously gorgeous. Thanks for liking my meds post...that means a lot to me.